Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the "Cancel For Any Reason” Option
The Cancel For Any Reason Option may be purchased with the Gold, Silver or Bronze Plan. It allows you to cancel your trip for a reason that is not already listed as a covered risk, such as the death of a pet or your travel plans must change. If you are prevented from taking the covered trip for any reason not otherwise covered by the policy, you will be reimbursed for 75% of the prepaid, non-refundable payments or deposits for the covered trip arrangements, provided the following conditions are met:
- this coverage is purchased within 14 days of the date the initial payment or deposit is paid and you insure the cost of any subsequent arrangement(s) added to the same covered trip within 14 days of the date of payment or deposit for any subsequent covered trip arrangement(s); and
- this insurance coverage is purchased for the full cost of all non-refundable, prepaid covered trip arrangements; and
- you must cancel the covered trip no less than 2 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
This coverage will be terminated, no benefits will be paid and any premium paid for this coverage will be refunded if the full costs of all prepaid, non-refundable Covered Trip arrangements are not insured. The Cancel for Any Reason option is not available in New York State.
2. What if I buy it and decide the coverage isn't right for me?
If you are not satisfied with the insurance you have purchased, call us to cancel it within 14 days of the effective date. Provided you have not yet departed on your trip, your policy will be cancelled and we'll refund the premium you paid. Written notice is required as a provision of the free look clause.
Free look option not available for the following states:
- New York
3. If I already have medical coverage, why do I need to pay for it again within travel insurance coverage?
Travel Medical Expense is designed to cover expenses for accidental injury and sickness occuring on your trip. This benefit provides coverage for medically necessary care that may not be covered on your health insurance plan. You should check with your health insurance provider to verify if you are covered outside of the plan area or the US. This travel insurance also includes valuable 24/7 emergency assistance to aid with locating medical care, medically necessary transportation, and arranging payment for medically necessary care.
If your trip is extended on order of a physcian due to an illness or accidental injury incurred while traveling, hotel and meal expenses as well as additional alirline transportation costs may be covered.
The assistance services can also help you with many other services, such as arranging for forgotten or damaged prescription medication, locating an English-speaking doctor and ensuring you are receiving the right care for a medical emergency. The multilingual assistance staff can provide you with helpful information and advise you where to go if you lose your passport, need cash assistance or need legal services at your destination.
4. Are there any destinations or countries that are not covered by this insurance?
Yes. The travel insurance described here does not provide coverage for travel to the following locations: Cuba, Iran, Syria, Crimea and North Korea. Additionally, the travel insurance does not provide coverage and will not reimburse expenses if sanctions laws or regulations prohibit doing so.
5. What is OFAC?
OFAC is the Office of Foreign Assets Controls. The Office of Foreign Assets Control administers and enforces economic sanctions programs primarily against countries and groups of individuals, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers. The sanctions can be either comprehensive or selective, using the blocking of assets and trade restrictions to accomplish foreign policy and national security goals.
6. How do I submit a claim?
For faster service we recommend you file online for these types of claims:
If you prefer to fill out a PDF or print the claim, follow these instructions:
- Gather your receipts, reports, and any other paperwork related to your claim.
Use this document reference guide to help figure out what documents you need to gather.
- Select and complete the appropriate proof of loss form. You may fill out the claim form in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) or print the form to complete your claim. (How do I save a PDF form?)
- Submit your proof of loss form and other paperwork here: